All metal J-Head?
- If your currently searching online you will notice a bunch of shady shops as well as everybody’s auction house seems to advertise All Metal J-Head's in varying prices and quality. - The next thing everybody does is purchase these hot ends and wait the typical 3-5 weeks to get one then tries to print with it and they instantly get a clog, or ruin a print, or worse set their house on fire.
The Real Issues
- Quality is job number who knows what when these things are shipped. They have metal shavings left in there, although not oily.
- Not truly all metal as the Teflon tubing inside the heat break is not metal last I checked.
- Assembled by hand and not even close to being checked for any sort of quality.
- The machine work is decent, not exceptional but far above what most of us can produce at home.
- The price is low. Less than ~20 USD to your door with a thermistor and heater cartridge.
- I will go and say that you should really have the following tools and supplies if you want this thing to perform well.
- Razor Blade
- Teflon tubing
- 2mm or 3mm drill bit depending on filament size.
- .5mm drill bit or whatever size orifice you ordered.
- Hand drill of some sort.